As a Semi-Skilled Mechanic you will be required to rigorously assess vehicles and perform mechanical repairs in a fast-moving Workshop environment.
Do you have the desire to work on over 60 makes and models each week?
Are you looking for a continuously growing business with excellent working conditions and fantastic progression opportunities?
…If this sounds like the type of role you are looking for then get in touch today!
As a Semi-Skilled Mechanic at Cargiant you will be required to assess vehicles and perform mechanical repairs in a fast-moving Workshop environment within Health and Safety guideleines. Over the last 40 years Cargiant has established a reputation for great product and unbeatable prices and now supplies in excess of over a thousand cars a week and has up to 8,000 cars in stock.
Interested in working at Cargiant? Have a look at what it would be like by visiting our YouTube channel “Cargianttv” to watch the following videos:
What you will do:
- Perform mechanical repairs on motor vehicles, including MOT failures or repairs whilst working within Health and Safety Laws
- Perform vehicle inspections, including Part Exchange Inspections
- Verify vehicle service ability
- Draining and refuelling vehicles
- Carry out major and minor repairs/overhauls on vehicles and affected components, including engines, brakes, fuel systems, transmissions, steering, suspensions, drive lines and some electrical systems using a wide range of tools including specialist equipment
- To perform mechanical repairs, inspections, maintenance, diagnostics in a professional manner
What you will need:
- NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent) in Motor Vehicle Repairs
- Experience in vehicle inspections and light mechanical repairs
- Full and valid driving license with a minimum of 6 months experience
- Good communication and administration skills
How we will reward you:
- The opportunity to progress internally and career longevity
- Great company benefits (Onsite gym, subsidiary on site restaurant prices, vehicle purchase discount, Ride to Work Scheme, childcare vouchers, company pension with AVIVA, employee assistance programme and more)
- The opportunity to work in the award winning World’s Largest Car Supermarket
- 28 days’ holiday pro rata
The Company reserves the right to end this vacancy early or extend this vacancy end date depending on the volume of applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.