Cargiant is looking for an HR Assistant to join its fast paced and busy HR department. This role would suit someone who is looking to start their career in HR or someone that has worked in HR and is looking to broaden their experience.
The role requires a pro-active individual who has previous administration experience and excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be a confident communicator who is able to build relationships with key stakeholders and enjoys working within a fast paced and challenging environment.
More about the job
- To ensure that all necessary personnel documentation (paper and electronic) is kept up to date and in good order
- To maintain the Company’s HR database (Fusion) with relevant employee details
- To liaise with the Recruitment Team to effectively manage the on-boarding of new starters, which include collating relevant documentation, carrying out Inductions, eligibility checks and pre-employment checks where necessary.
- Responsible for managing probationary periods for all new starters, to include liaising with Managers on the outcome and escalating to the HR Advisor/HR Manager where necessary.
- To process transfer forms submitted by Managers and issuing out contract variation letters and chasing outstanding letters where necessary.
- To liaise with the Payroll Advisor on any relevant employee changes (e.g. salary changes, leavers etc)
- To co-ordinate and assist in undertaking of exit interviews for all leavers within the company
- To support Human Resource Case Work (Absence Management, Discipline and Grievance etc.) where necessary
- To act as note taker at formal meetings when required
- To manage fully the Company’s requirements to comply with Driving Licence checks using Advance Check Portal and to raise any concerns to the HR Advisors or HR Manager
- To assist the HR Advisor to maintain diaries for relevant checks (e.g. renewal of staff visas, passports and/or credit checks etc)
What we’re looking for in you
- Interest in HR and/or studying towards a CIPD qualification
- Strong understanding of HR processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage time and tasks efficiently
- Able to work as part of an effective team assisting and supporting HR
- Enthusiastic, flexible and committed attitude to work
It goes without saying:
You will receive great benefits including:
- 28 days holiday pro rata
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Onsite gym (Hythe Road)
- Vehicle purchasing discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Sound like the perfect job for you?
Then take your career to the next step and apply today!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.